Shepherd and Wedderburn is the largest Scottish-headquartered, full-service UK law firm, with offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, London and Dublin. Our International Families team provides a one-stop legal support service for entrepreneurs, professionals, high net worth individuals, investors and their families wishing to move and settle in the UK and, in many cases, become British citizens.
How we can help
If you are looking to move to any part of the UK, whether it is England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, our dedicated team of legal experts is on hand to make the process easier.
We can help you identify the best visa or citizenship options for you and your family, buy or sell property, establish a business, and provide advice on personal tax and estate planning.
In addition to the tailored support provided by our dedicated Shepherd and Wedderburn international families team, our clients also benefit from access to our extensive network of trusted professional advisers, which includes family lawyers, accountants, investment and wealth providers, education providers and placing consultants, and a network of lawyers in more than 45 jurisdictions.
International Families: Visa Support
For over 20 years we have supported international families with visa and nationality issues:
- Investor visas
- Spouse, partner and child visas
- Visas for parents/adult dependant relatives
- Visiting Scotland and the UK
- Applications for British citizenship and obtaining a British passport
Immigration: Support for EU Nationals
Brexit is the biggest change to UK immigration law since the 1960s. We support European citizens with:
- Settled status and pre-settled status applications
- EU family permits for relatives
- Visiting the UK
- Becoming a British citizen by naturalisation
- Registration of children as British citizens
- Eligibility for British passports
Succession and Estate Planning
Our private client team benefits from the experience of five industry-leading partners, offering advice in:
- Wills and succession
- Estate and inheritance tax planning
- Tax for individuals
- Power of attorney
We can support you with any employment issue that may arise, whether in connection with:
- Your personal employment situation if you are relocating for work
- Employing others to work for you or your business
Corporate and Business Advice
We can assist you in:
- Establishing a business
- Incorporation of a limited company or LLP
- Specialist legal support for your business, including VAT registration, insurance and data protection registration
Our experienced residential property lawyers can advise you on:
- Purchasing residential property
- Selling residential property
- Land registration and title queries
- Leases and tenancies
Discuss your circumstances with our immigration experts today.
For more information and to contact us, click here.